Monday 13 March 2017

Blog Post #40 - Training to Become Laos' Best....in Ultimate Frisbee

While drinking BeerLao may be the most popular evening activity for many living in Vientiane, I recognize the need for a bit of diversity and physical exercise. I therefore have been playing ULTIMATE frisbee at least once a week. To think that you can play outdoor sports next to palm and banana trees in March is quite the dream.

The group is called the Sabaidisc - Lao Ultimate Frisbee Club. With an official title like that, are you surprised that they take their frisbee seriously? Sometimes I feel like a headless chicken running around the field as they yell technical formations at me. I am far from very ultimate at the sport.

A cool 25C March evening
Back in December I even participated in my first ultimate frisbee tournament.

Look at that professional in the back row with the hat
(thumbs up of course)

After a day in the office, my standard Monday night is as follows:
  1. Two hours of frisbee
  2. Indian food at one of a couple GREAT spots nearby
  3. Oil massage
Final bill for the night - $20. I don't think I want to leave...

Today it is reaching 38C. Makes frisbee in the evening a lot more difficult. But still worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment