Tuesday 14 March 2017

Blog Post #41 - Leaving Laos for an Adventure in India

The day has come for me to start packing up my life in Laos. Although I will still be at the office for another two days and have one last organic market to go do research at, I am sending my computer home with a friend. I am flying to Kuala Lumpur on Saturday morning, and spending a couple of days on the beaches of Malaysia before flying into Delhi on March 24. Then the next BIG adventure begins! I will be backpacking across India for at least one month, with my flight home to Canada on May 17.

I have given many presentations and workshops over the last six months with LOPA. I have also been working with the team to build tools that they can use to support decision-making and assess performance. While in India I will think of ways to share this material with everyone reading the blog. At the very least, I will be giving presentations to co-workers at Deloitte when I return. There may be ways for others to tune in. 

Thank you to everyone for following along with the sticky rice adventure in Laos! If you enjoyed the blog, please consider making a donation to Cuso International to help me meet my goal of raising $2000 for the organization (click here for the link).

When I return to Canada and am reunited with my computer, I will make sure to share photos and stories from the India backpacking adventure! But until then, I will leave you with some of my last favorite memories from Laos.

Garbage collection with a bicycle
I can no longer complain about my bike commutes

Always being watched
The start of my adventure with Cuso back in September


Saying goodbye to new friends at the office

The motorcycle gang that hangs outside my apartment
The motorcycle gangs that spend their evenings racing and doing tricks.
A couple close calls with my bicycle
Great sign. If only they listened
Or maybe they could just stay parked and have a disco setup like these guys...


Taking home some lessons in style
That guy top left is having too much fun with his haircut

My hair Skyping the roomies back in Calgary

Making Khao Kai Noy and curry.
I like to think I helped some other foreigners find a passion in sticky rice ;)

I cannot wait to see many of you when I return to Calgary in the summer. All the best until then!

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment