Thursday 23 February 2017

Blog Post #35 - Memorable Meals

Little text is required to explain this next post. I wish many of you could have been there to enjoy the meals with my friends and I. 

They are in no particular order, but I hope that they inspire you to try some Lao food at a restaurant near you.


My coworker invited the team to his parent's house for dinner while we were in Xiengkhouang

Amazing traditional meal with farmers from Xiengkhouang

We went to interview this one farmer, and he was hosting a party with the entire village.
As you can imagine, we left with bellies full of Lao food and some sodas.
Made for quite an unproductive afternoon.

I watched this goat meet its ultimate demise.
Here are the cooked organs....memorable, not necessarily appetizing
I have an amazing group of co-workers that I eat lunch with every day.
Some are from SAEDA and others are from the Gender Development Association downstairs

For dinner, Indian food at least 2x per week. I have found the best spots in town

Korean BBQ also at least 2x per week. Fortunately there is one near my apartment,
so when I can barely move after over eating, the journey is relatively easy
Here is the Korean BBQ next to my apartment. Basically my veggies for the week
When I go out for dinner with Lao people, there must be karaoke
Like I said, karaoke at most meals. 
That is my office dad singing. So proud of him haha

American Thanksgiving!
They celebrate a month late but it was a nice break from regular Asian-food meals

The Cuso volunteers meeting for some afternoon pizza
(doing the ASEAN handshake)

Sometimes the Cuso office hosts volunteer group lunches!
The real hard workers at Cuso preparing the lunch
Time for my next meal! These pictures have definitely given me quite the appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment