Thursday 2 February 2017

Blog Post #31 - Rice Modeling

In case the export business does not go as planned, I may have a promising career as a rice model. It may not pay the bills yet, but at least my organization now has some great marketing materials for the domestic market.

Pictures do tell a thousand words


Nothing quite like a KHAO KAI NOY disco PARTY!


Looking the wrong way bowling with my KKN

Always must rock the bucket hat when fighting rice fires 
I'll do anything to get me that KKN

It caught me by surprise

Small neck, but a big package...of rice (2 kg)

The wind gets in my hair when I am flying my rice kite

"I pledge allegiance to the bag of Khao Kai Noy. And to the paddy from which it grows. One seed under sod. Short grain with husk and bran for all"

Just a couple of rice dealers from Milling Bad
"To the paddy and beyond!"

Even the zombies from the Walking Dead enjoy a mouth full of KKN
(they have a bit too much chili powder on their hands)

Provocative (and cheesy) ...

...but who pulled it off better?
(my rice hat works wonders protecting my face, but talk about a full body farmers tan)

Everyone needs a special someone on Valentine's Day

I am now off to Pakse (southern Laos) to visit a large European miller, then on to Attapeu (near the Cambodian border) to facilitate a workshop on sustainable development in vegetable and rice farming (I may not be the least qualified to host such a workshop, but I'm pretty close).

Finally I will be heading back up north to Xiengkhouang, the home of my lover KKN.  We will be collecting market data from farmers, millers and prospective value chain partners. Busy couple of weeks ahead but I will keep you posted on the Khao Kai Noy action (outside of the bedroom).

Happy February!

1 comment:

  1. I'll never see a 2kg bag of LFP KKN the same again... like ever...

    ReplyDelete