Sunday 29 January 2017

Blog Post #30 - Cuso Fundraising

In the spirit of reaching my 30th post, I want to send you all a short message and make a request.

If you are reading, I imagine you have enjoyed my blog on life and work in Laos so far. Honestly, it can get a bit lonely on the other side of the world, but I get a boost knowing that I have friends and family back home who are interested in my work. I understand everyone, including myself, are so wrapped up in our own lives that it can be difficult to stay in touch (especially when throwing a 14-hour time difference into the mix). I like to think that this blog is my way to share my stories, and give people a glimpse into a place and lifestyle that was very unfamiliar to me before arriving.

It's fun speaking with friends who have read a post and add their own two cents. So seriously, I greatly appreciate all who have tuned in, especially the regulars. I am amazed by how international the audience is.

Consider starting blogs yourselves.
I am sure there are many cool stories that others would love to hear

I started the blog not only to reassure my mom that I am alive and well, but also to give exposure to volunteering at Cuso International, and to support fundraising that will help send more volunteers to developing countries like Laos (given the title of the blog post, I am impressed for all that have made it even this far into the post....keep going!)

Myself and Cuso would greatly appreciate any contributions you are able and willing to make. Even $5 goes a long for a volunteer in somewhere like Laos. If you are interested in donating, please visit my fundraising page at....
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=3492751&langPref=en-CA

(there is also a link on the right hand side dashboard)




I like to think I have made a small difference here in Laos already. We have identified a number of very promising opportunities for developing the Khao Kai Noy business, and ultimately improve the livelihood of the farmers we work with in northern Laos. More help is always appreciated though, so if you know organizations that are looking to provide fundraising to international non-profits to support ongoing projects, like the Khao Kai Noy organic export business through SAEDA, please connect directly with me at jessebrame99@yahoo.ca.

(it must be one of the only remaining Yahoo accounts on the world wide web)

A BIG smile for those that made it this far in the post....
even if you have not already donated....
I will harass you again at a later date :)

Continue to tune in and I look forward to more of your feedback!

Cheers,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment