Monday 10 October 2016

Blog Post #6 - Thanksgiving in Laos!

I hear it started snowing the day before Thanksgiving in Calgary. While I cannot say I miss snow in fall, it would be nice to have a bit of snow here in Vientiane....if only to cool off for a few minutes. To compensate for the lack of snow, I purchased my own little fan for momentary relief from the heat. I suspect it will spontaneously burst into flames at some point. Either from overuse or poor Chinese manufacturing.

One thing I did miss was Thanksgiving with friends and family back home.

           

They even saved me a seat at the Friendsgiving Table

Fortunately my new Canadian family in Vientiane hosted a grand Thanksgiving feast at the Canadian (Australian) embassy. The meal even featured a home cooked turkey, stuffing, cranberry dip and PUMPKIN PIE!



The combination of overeating and heat nearly caused me to pass out at the embassy, but fortunately we managed to snag a tuk tuk to drag us home. The tuk tuk was definitely weighed down...




1 comment:

  1. We poured a couple of shots out for you too JB ✌🏼

    ReplyDelete